What Should All Parents Must Know About Invisalign Teens
Posted on September 14, 2022
Every parent is concerned about the oral health of their kids & even more about the teeth alignment. Many options are available to provide your kids with a straight smile, but your teenager won’t compromise on their looks. So, it is better to find an option that does not make them feel awkward about smiling in public. We bring Invisible clear aligners for your kid, a discreet way to straighten teeth.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an avant-garde technology that helps transform your smile using clear, virtually invisible aligners. These removable aligners are personalized and will slowly straighten your teeth without disturbing you with metal wires or brackets. They can fix several orthodontic issues and give a balanced smile shortly. These aligners are flexible and removable, so you can take them out before eating or brushing your teeth.
What Is the Invisalign Treatment Procedure?
There are three stages your child goes through to gain a beautiful smile:
- The Invisalign provider will design the treatment plan with you and your kid in the consultation session after showing you the 3D image of the teeth.
- The Invisalign provider will give you a sequence of aligner trays that have been customized to your unique needs and should be changed every one or two weeks. The doctor will monitor your progress when you visit the dental office.
- Your child should follow routine visits with the Invisalign teen provider in New York every 6-8 weeks to collect the following aligners set.
- Once orthodontic treatment ends, the teeth may shift again, and it is vital to maintain them for long-lasting results. After transforming the smile, your orthodontist in New York may provide you with clear retainers to be worn for some time. This way, you can maintain your teeth’ alignment.
How Long Does the Invisalign Procedure Take?
The Invisalign Teen procedure takes about 1 to 1.5 yes, ranging from case to case. During your first appointment, your New York orthodontist will recommend the appropriate type of orthodontic treatment for you and determine how long it will take to show results.
What Are The Benefits of the Invisalign Teen Treatment?
- The Invisalign aligners do not utilize wires or brackets, which is why they are hardly noticeable.
- Invisalign teens are comfier than traditional braces as they are flexible and custom-made for a personalized fit.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, making brushing teeth and eating easy during the treatment. There are no restrictions on your daily diet also.
What Conditions Can Invisalign Treat?
- Crowded teeth
- Open bite
- Gap teeth
- Crooked teeth
How Is Invisalign Teen Different From Invisalign?
The most meaningful difference between these clear aligners designed for adults and worn by your teen is blue indicator dots, which will fade as your child wears the aligners. So that you can monitor the process. This way dentist or a parent will know if your child is not wearing the aligners frequently enough. Thanks to these dots, it is easy to know when is the right time to switch to a new set of aligner trays, preventing possible issues with the treatment improvement.
Why Choose Invisalign For Teens?
If you think that your kid needs orthodontic treatment, Invisalign teen is the best discreet option.
Like metal braces, these clear plastic aligners use pressure on teeth to help them move into a proper alignment. Invisalign has a few benefits over traditional braces including:
- It will be much easier for your kid to brush and floss when there are no wires or brackets, and they can effortlessly follow their regular oral hygiene, which helps to maintain good oral health.
- There will be rarer emergencies of broken wires or cracked brackets.
- Traditional braces may irritate you when the wires or brackets poke start poking your lips or cheeks. Invisalign never causes this kind of irritation.
- Invisalign aligners are less evident, and your child will be less likely to become self-conscious.
Know If Your Child Is A Good Candidate For Clear Aligners?
Now that you are aware of the procedure, benefits, & treatment of Invisalign, it is not a difficult choice to go for this type of orthodontic treatment. But, you should first visit an orthodontist to ensure you are a suitable candidate for Invisalign treatment. You can look for the best orthodontist near me to find the one conveniently available for you.