Using Invisalign First on Manhattan Smiles
Posted on September 18, 2019
Kids’ smiles grow fast. But did you know there’s something you can do right now to help your child’s smile down the road? It’s true. With Invisalign® First, the premier treatment for kids ages 6 to 10, our orthodontist is able to guide a child’s teeth as they grow. No braces. No metal. Just clear, BPA-free plastic aligners that are hardly noticeable.
So, how does Invisalign First work? It works just like teen and adult Invisalign aligners except that they are molded to fit your child’s teeth. They’re specifically crafted to fit patients with both primary and permanent teeth. It’s the newest advancement in Phase 1 treatment! If you’re unfamiliar with the term Phase 1, it refers to orthodontic treatment that’s used while a child still has some of their baby teeth; before all of their permanent teeth have erupted.
Invisalign First can help with issues like:
- Preventing existing issues from getting worse
- Straightening existing teeth
- Helping a child to stop sucking their thumb or thrusting their tongue
- Making Phase 2 treatment shorter and easier
- Relieving crowding and spacing problems
Parents love Invisalign First because:
- They’re more comfortable than braces—no metal means no mouth sores due to brackets rubbing against the gums
- Kids can eat whatever they want—just take out aligners when eating or drinking anything but water
- Oral hygiene is much easier—simply remove aligners and brush teeth as you normally would
- Dr. Stoess-Allen only requires Invisalign First patients to wear their aligners while at home. That means you don’t have to worry about your children losing their aligners while at school! Just keep them at home and have them pop their aligner in when they get home from school.
What’s really great is that your child can start treatment before their adult teeth have even come in. This allows their bite to be transformed as they grow, and that’s pretty amazing. If you’re interested in seeing if Invisalign First is right for your child, schedule an appointment at our orthodontic practice in Manhattan. We’d be more than happy to sit down and talk to you and your mini-me.